Vontae Diggs is one of the most accomplished running backs in NFL history. He’s also known for his hilarious and bizarre quotes. In honor of his birthday today, we wanted to compile some of Diggs’ best moments over the years. Happy birthday, Vontae Diggs! Here are 5 of the best moments from your illustrious career.
Vontae Diggs brings the “Madden NFL 19” Championship to Minneapolis
In an eventful championship game, Vontae Diggs hauled in a pivotal interception in overtime that lifted the Minnesota Vikings to victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. Here are four of his best NFL moments:
1. The Interception That Put The Vikings In Overtime
With just over a minute remaining in regulation, Diggs jumped up and intercepted Carson Wentz deep down the sideline to break the deadlock and send the game into overtime. The play sealed the Vikings’ first Super Bowl berth in franchise history and cemented his place as one of the greatest players in league history.
2. The Touchdown Catch That Won The NFC Championship Game
Just two weeks later, Diggs helped lead Minnesota to another NFC Championship Game with another clutch touchdown catch against Atlanta. With under two minutes remaining and the Falcons leading by three points, Diggs hauled in a high pass from Kirk Cousins to tie the game at 31-31. Minnesota would ultimately go on to win 38-33 in double overtime.
Diggs scores the game-winning touchdown in overtime to lead the Vikings to their first Super Bowl victory
Diggs was the hero in Minneapolis, scoring the game-winning touchdown in overtime to lead the Vikings to their first Super Bowl victory. Here are some of his best moments throughout his career:
1. In the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers, Diggs hauled in a deep pass from Case Keenum and took off down the sideline for a 91-yard touchdown catch that helped send Minnesota to its first ever championship game.
2. In 2018, Diggs recorded 1,118 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns on 54 receptions, establishing himself as one of the top receivers in the league.
3. In Week 16 of 2017, Diggs hauled in eight passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns against the Bears to help put Minnesota ahead for good in their divisional matchup.
4. Against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 7 of 2017, Diggs caught six passes for 93 yards and two touchdowns (the second coming on a Hail Mary pass from Keenum with just over two minutes left) to help keep Minnesota within striking distance in their matchup at home.
5. In Week 17 of 2016, Diggs had nine receptions for 111 yards and two touchdowns against the Detroit Lions to help clinch a Wild Card berth for Minnesota.
Diggs returns an interception for a touchdown against the Bears
In one of the most memorable plays in Diggs’s career, he returned an interception for a touchdown against the Chicago Bears in Week 13 of the 2016 season. The play gave the Vikings a 14-13 lead with just over two minutes remaining in the game. Diggs’s athleticism and instincts on defense were on full display as he made a spectacular catch deep downfield and then took off down the field for a 64-yard touchdown return. It was an incredible play that led to Minnesota tying the game and eventually winning in overtime.
Diggs records two sacks and an interception in a win over the Packers
Vontae Diggs recorded two sacks and an interception in a win over the Packers on Sunday. The second sack came with just over two minutes remaining in the game, sealing the victory for the Vikings. Diggs has been impressive this season, and his play against Green Bay will no doubt help propel him to another All-Pro selection.
Vontae Diggs: The Newest Denver Broncos Wide Receiver
Vontae Diggs is quickly making a name for himself in the NFL as one of the most promising receivers in the game. A fifth-round pick out of Illinois State in 2016, Diggs has shown flashes of brilliance throughout his career. Here are some of the best Vontae Diggs moments of all time.
1. Against Notre Dame, Diggs takes an absolutely ridiculous catch to set up a touchdown
This was one of the best catches in recent memory and it showed off everything that makes Vontae Diggs so special. He went up against one of the best cornerbacks in college football, but he came down with the ball and took it all the way to the house for a touchdown. This moment showed not only his talent as a receiver, but also his athleticism and toughness.
Vontae Diggs On Philadelphia Eagles’ Loss To New England Patriots: ‘We Didn’t Deserve To Win That Game
The Philadelphia Eagles fell to the New England Patriots in a 28-24 loss on Sunday, and cornerback Vontae Diggs had some harsh words for his team after the game. “We didn’t deserve to win that game,” Diggs said. “It was all them. We didn’t execute well at all.” The Eagles were shut out in the second half and couldn’t convert on fourth down. Quarterback Carson Wentz also struggled, completing just 11 of his 24 passes for 161 yards with two interceptions. Tom Brady led the Patriots to victory with 291 yards passing and three touchdowns. Wide receiver Brandin Cooks had 11 receptions for 133 yards and a touchdown for New England. Running back Sony Michel had 115 rushing yards and two touchdowns while defensive back Malcolm Butler added six tackles and an interception. The loss drops the Eagles to 8-6 on the season while the Patriots remain undefeated at 12-0.
Vontae Diggs, how can the Jets get him back on track?
Vontae Diggs has had a tumultuous season thus far. After signing a big contract with the Jets in the offseason, Diggs has not lived up to expectations. However, there are still some moments of brilliance that have highlighted his talent. Here are the best Vontae Diggs moments of all time:
1) The Catch – One of the most iconic plays in Jets history, this catch against the Chiefs is still talked about today. It set up Robby Anderson for a game-winning touchdown in overtime and showcased Diggs’s incredible skills as a receiver.
2) The Touchdown – Another clutch play in an important game, this touchdown against the Browns showed off Diggs’s ability to go over the top and make a spectacular catch. He once again demonstrated his amazing receiving skills, setting up an important score for the Jets in what was ultimately a close victory.
3) The Fake Punt – In one of his more underrated moments, Diggs fooled everyone (even himself) by fake punting on fourth down against the Patriots. This led to an interception and helped seal a victory for the Jets.
4) The Interception – Against Detroit in Week 11, Diggs intercepted Matthew Stafford and returned it for a touchdown to help put away yet another opponent. His instincts as a defensive back are undeniable and he continues to show them off on occasion, even after leaving Minnesota Vikings behind.
5) The End Zone Touchdown – Against Miami
Vontae Diggs: The NFL’s Next Top WR?
The Detroit Lions drafted Vontae Diggs in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Illinois. In his rookie season, he had 46 receptions for 781 yards and five touchdowns. He was named to the Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie Team. The next season, he had 73 receptions for 1,050 yards and six touchdowns. In 2016, he had 84 receptions for 1,157 yards and eight touchdowns.
Vontae Diggs’ Risky Rodeo In Buffalo Shows NFL’s Uncertain Future
If you’re like most Buffalo Bills fans, the NFL offseason has been a bit of a slog. Between uncertainty around the future of your favorite teams and players, it’s been hard to get excited about anything.
But there is one player who has brought some fun back to the offseason: Vontae Diggs. The wide receiver has been doing his best to entertain fans with risky antics during his free time (including a daredevil rodeo performance).
Diggs’ passion for the game is clear, and he’s shown that he’s willing to take risks in order to keep his skills sharp. His efforts have definitely caught the eye of NFL scouts, who may be hesitant to draft him early due to his reckless behavior. But if Diggs can keep entertaining fans and showing off his skills, he’ll forever be remembered as one of the best Buffalo Bills players ever.
Vontae Diggs: The Next Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills
The Buffalo Bills have been looking for a new head coach ever since Rex Ryan was fired in December of 2016. However, the search has been difficult as there are not many qualified coaches out there. One name that has consistently come up is Vontae Diggs.
Diggs is currently the defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins, but he has previous coaching experience. He spent three years as an assistant coach with the Minnesota Vikings, two of which were under head coach Mike Zimmer. Diggs would be a great fit for the Bills because he is familiar with the team and he has a lot of experience working with players on defense.
Diggs also knows how to get along with players and he is known for being motivational. His style of coaching would be perfect for the Bills as they are looking to improve their defense next season.
5 Things To Know About Vontae Diggs, The 2018 NFL Draft’s Biggest Steal
Vontae Diggs is one of the biggest steals in the 2018 NFL Draft. The former Illinois cornerback was projected to be a mid-round selection, but he was able to slip through the cracks and was taken by the Oakland Raiders with the 69th pick.
Diggs played college football at Illinois, where he recorded 151 tackles, two interceptions, and four sacks in his career. He showed his skills as a cornerback by recording ten interceptions in his junior and senior seasons.He has all the potential to be one of the best cornerbacks in the league and could have a decorated career if he continues to play at this level.